Friday, January 11, 2008

2008 Finical Goals and Forecast

My Finical Goals for 2008
  • Have 4 months worth of expenses in my Emergency Fund
  • Pay an additional $33 to my Student Loan a Month.
  • Try to put $200 into my Savings Account each month.
  • Keep my register CONSTANTLY updated.
  • Spend Less.
With my current employment situation and lifestyle, all of those goals should be relatively easy to keep. If for some reason, I have to dip into my emergency fund (highly unlikely) I will then divert all of the extra money from my Savings back into my Emergency Fund.

I will be changing jobs in June; however, I'm already under contract and I'll be getting a pay raise so that should only impact my economic situation for the better. There is a chance I'll move to an apartment that's closer to work, so I'll have to take a slight hit with any deposits.

In the fall, I'll begin to pursue an advanced graduate certificate which will make me much more marketable when I decide to switch careers within the next 3-4 years. The career switch is a result of being so miserable with my current employment situation. I thought I'd really enjoy my chosen profession but I feel like my personal growth will quickly become stagnant if I did this for the next 30+ years. I'm not yet ready to throw in the towel so going back to school part time makes sense. The skills I'll learn will open many doors and if I do decide to stay in my current career, the classes will pay for themselves with a substantial pay increase.

I'm excited to see what 2008 will bring. I feel like I've finally got an idea of where life is taking me!

No comments: