Tuesday, January 22, 2008

CVS Deal: Cheap M&M's

In my line of work, M&M's are highly coveted vehicle for inquiry based learning. I dread lessons that call M&M's as I have to buy them with my own money. I recuperate some of the costs with tax deductions, but it still adds up to be a pricey expense.

Today's purchase was a different story! Thanks to my CVS Card (and a post from Fat Wallet), I paid a whopping total of $1.04 for 4 bags of 14 oz. M&M's. After I deduct this purchase on my 2008 taxes, it'll work out to be $0.78 for the four bags or 19.5 cents per 14 ounces!

The Process:

  1. Buy 2 - 14 oz. bags of Cupid's Mix M&M's.
  2. Since these are Buy One, Get One Free with a CVS Card, it should be 3.52 before taxes.
  3. A coupon for $3.00 off your next bag of M&M's should ring up at the bottom of your receipt.
  4. Return the 2 bags of M&M's.
  5. Re-buy the 2 bags of M&M's using the CVS card and the $3.00 off coupon. This will give you yet another coupon!
  6. Repeat until you have as many M&M's as you want.

This will only work with any flavor of Cupid's Mix M&M's or the green bags of M&M's.

Since I was the only customer in the local CVS, I was able to buy / return / rebuy without any hassle. Your mileage with this may vary.

No comments: